Thursday, October 13, 2011

The time I wore my Chanel Heels

Bonjour my Bloggettes,


Working in the designer shoe buying office has some pretty big perks. Such as an occasional 12 hr day, running around like a crazy person, meeting shoe designers and the best perk of all Shoe Sample Sales.


I had heard fabulous things about the sample sales, $80 Jimmy Choo flats, Limited Edition Ostrich Feather Brian Atwood stilettos, suede Miu Miu booties and the coveted Prada boots. I was ready. I had my checkbook in hand as I scoured the racks looking for my size. Size 39 Manolo Blahnik wedges, nope. Next Brian Atwood Maniacs in tangerine Patent leather, size 37, no way. My heart was beginning to break, I knew sample sales meant sample sizes, but seriously?! I had been dreaming about suede Miu Miu booties, i had been coveting the delicious leather of Tod's signature loafers. At that moment I made a choice. I was no way, no how leaving this fabulous room empty handed, there was a pair of shoes here that would fit, even if I had to loose a toe, or five.


Finally I hit the Chanel rack. I do long for the day when I will own and rock a tweed Chanel suit, however and no offense to the late great Coco or the scary looking Karl (see left) but Chanel shoes are not my favorite. I love tweed as much as the next chica, but sometimes a sparkle tweed flat with pearls isn't quite my favorite. But then out of the corner of my eye I saw a beautiful black box, with the number 41. This was it, my struggle of jamming my feet in vain into too small shoes was over. I had an option. The shoes were simple, black, pointed toe, leather, 80 mm, and 2 small C's on each heel. They were perfect. Practical for work, classic, timeless. I could even shove my feet in them.



Two weeks later my Chanel perfect pumps are ready for their debut. It was a big day at work and I was going to meet the CEO of Louboutin, go to a product knowledge meeting at the store and go to a business dinner after work. I had a killer outfit and the professional Designer shoes to go with. Say Hello to Blakeley, the rockstar.



7:05 AM Catch my bus, in my heels ready to rule the day

7:20 AM At work, have you seen my shoes? The shoes are getting a little snug. Hopefully they stretch out soon.

8:04 AM Off to the store for Product Knowledge. Unfortunately I have developed a limp, no one will notice this right?

8:24 AM Is this really happening? I have officially lost all feeling in my toes.

8:39 AM Regained all feeling in my toes and my feet are on fire, but not in a good way. I swear the heels are being filled with pools of my blood. Why can't I sit down??

9:10 AM Product Knowledge is finally over, I have lost any composure I ever had and my feet are literally covered in two giant blisters. The day hasn't started and I have no shoes. I hobble to our assistant manager and beg her to bring me some flats.

9:18 AM Scratch Chanel heels, I am in boring Tory Burch flats. I will not be ruling any day, or running the show. Mainly because I can't walk let alone run.



A week later and my feet still haven't recovered.



Suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment